Why a Cheshire Chocolate Studio workshop?
I come to school so no travel costs/time meaning it’s less expensive for the parents and less organisation for the school.
It’s interactive and fun which aids learning.
I have over 9 years of working with children so know how to engage children.
'Amanda certainly knows how to entertain children' and
'You ran a superb party which managed the tricky balance between seamless organisation and a really relaxed, fun atmosphere'
‘Excellent presentation & delivery’ – yr 6 teacher (Mayans)
‘Amazing. More interactive and less costly than Cadbury World’ yr 3 teacher (Advertising)
Request a detailed brochure
I have 3 workshop options:
- Junior chocolatier – product creation
- Junior chocolatier – Bean to bar – coming soon!
- Topic based workshop
The workshops are around and hour and three quarters to two hours.
The topic based workshop can be based around a chocolate related topic you’re working on at school, examples below.
Topics I can incorporate.
Bean to bar
- Where chocolate comes from, how it’s harvested and processed and ingredients. (Geography, health & wellbeing & technology)
Chocolate over time
- The changing ways it’s been consumed, Mayan and Aztec links, it’s journey to England. (Geography, history, Mayans)
- Plan, design and make a product to a budget (business/enterprise, maths)
- Brief summary of Mayans and the link with chocolate
Design a wrapper
Plan and design a chocolate bar wrapper (design & technology, art)
Changing States of Chocolate
- Compare how quickly chocolate and water melt at various temperatures (Science, maths)
In addition to the educational tasks above I have some other tasks for the children to do in the topic based workshops, for example,
- creating a chocolate time-line,
- writing the word “Chocolate” in Mayan hieroglyphics and
- place the chocolate processing stages in order.
Overview of topic based workshop
- chocolate testing (which gets the children talking)
- create a chocolate lollipop
- educational task
The presentation and educational task are based around your topic ( and how it links to chocolate). I usually incorporate the bean to bar story.
Overview of Product creation workshop
- chocolate tasting
- make hand made chocolates
- either bean to bar presentation or history of chocolate
- wrap all produce to take home
For more details on my workshops please get in touch or request a brochure .
Topic based workshops are £295 per workshop and £545 for 2 topic based workshops on the same day.
Product creation workshops are £345 each, £625 for 2 on the same day.
This includes all chocolate, decorations and wrappers. If you are more than 10 miles from me I may also make a small travel charge.